Blogs are a very effective method for generating new business leads, however a blog itself needs to be promoted to be fully effective. Among the most effective ways to promote a blog is informed use of Twitter, as Wishpond details.
Twitter is a social media channel utilized by many prospective clients, customers, influencers and media in your industry. Notably, recent studies reflect the increasing utilization of Twitter by businesses to engage key audiences including potential clients or customers.Proactive use of Twitter, therefore, will expand exposure for your blog among these key audiences.
Lisa Bruckner, a small business entrepreneur, has written about how Twitter has been a “powerful business communication tool” which helped her grow her business and business blog via connecting her with ideal prospective customers quickly and efficiently.
For those who are or planning to utilize a blog to promote their business, here’s a list of 10 ways (curated from a larger list from Wishpond) to most effectively use Twitter to support your blog:
- Use Short Tweets – as they generate a higher interaction rate. When posting tweets, it’s not necessary to post the original article title.
- Post an excerpt from the article – Studies reflect that tweets including quotes are more likely to be retweeted.
- Include statistics – Numbers and characters makes tweets stand out amidst many other tweets in readers timelines
- Use #hashtags – Hashtags are regularly used and help connect you to users beyond your followers
- Use @mentions — Mention prominent bloggers, companies or clients/customers via a tweet that links to your post
- “Retweet Mentioned Blog Content — If someone mentions your blog content on Twitter, retweet their tweet.”
- Ask for a Retweet – This leads to more shares
- Use Images – These increase interaction with posts and, and drive traffic back to blogs
- Pose Topical Questions — This increases curiosity and engagement from readers
- Include a link to your blog bio or other posts – This will increase traffic to other sections of your blog
For questions about how Content and Social can help with your content writing and social media needs, please complete the form below: