Content is the foundation for every form of digital marketing
Hiring a freelance writer is frequently an issue for businesses and organizations actively involved in publishing online. As Regine Pamular explains in Content Monsta: “Content is the foundation for every type of digital form of marketing out there – be it social media, content, email, or inbound marketing. In other words, you can’t have a marketing campaign if there is no content to be had…nor can it work effectively with poorly or uninspired and uninformed material”.
Advice for hiring a freelance writer
- Would you prefer a writer with a demonstrated expertise in your business focus?
- Is your need primarily editing and/or the research and writing of original content?
- Once you’ve selected a writer, make sure to establish an editorial calendar to ensure your content will be produced in a timely fashion.
- Consider providing your new writer with examples of what you’ve previously produced, and which you’d like the writer to emulate.
- Demonstrated expertise in the subject matter you’d like your writer to focus on will cost more and is worth the financial outlay.
- The promotion of content is vital to its’ success. Therefore, you may wish to select a writer with a demonstrated capability to promote content online via specialized publishing platforms and social media channels.
John Grimley provides independent writing, editing and digital publishing services to businesses and organizations globally. For more information, please contact John via the contact form below: